I teach a wide variety of legal education seminars and workshops for attorneys, law students, paralegals and members of the public.
CLE Trainings for Attorneys
I can provide CLE (continuing legal education) training for your local bar association or advocacy group. These trainings can be adapted to your local needs but most often serve as an introduction to military law for civilian attorneys who want to assist military servicemembers in their area. My past presentations have been approved for credit by the state bars of Oklahoma, Texas, California, Washington, Alaska and New Mexico.
GI Rights Counselor Trainings
These trainings normally run over a weekend and normally are either (1) an introductory training for new GI Rights paralegal counselors or (2) an advanced training for experienced GI RIghts counselors.
I can do these trainings on my own or with other trainers from either the GI Rights Network or the Military Law Task Force of the National Lawyers Guild.
If you are interested in me doing a training in your area, please contact me. And to see a list of my past GI Rights Counselor Trainings please click here.
Public Speaking Events
- Short Workshops (typically 1-2 hours) for GI Rights activists and members of the public on the various resources that are available to assist Servicemembers in need.
- Participating in panel discussions and debates on matters related to military justice, war, conscientious objection and the role of war resisters and whistleblowers in our society.
- Sermons, Homilies, adult education classes, etc. on topics of peace and social justice concern for religious communities.
- Presentations to youth and young adult groups in schools and religious communities on the issue of the draft/military conscription.
- Presentations on Cuba and the ways the US citizens can legally travel to the nation.
If you are interested in me doing a training in your area, please contact me. And to see a list of my past public speaking events, please click here.